Is This A Great Deal or…What?!
Sprint and American Airlines is offering new and existing customers the chance to snag a quick 25,000 AAdvantage miles. It’s a fairly simple process.
- Activate a new Sprint account
- Provide your AAdvantage® number at sprint.com/AAdvantage
- In 8-10 weeks, check your AAdvantage® account balance
I have to give a shout-out to the Sprint marketing team; this is not a bad parternship. The idea of earning American AAdvantage Miles With Sprint creates a lot of…synergy and stuff. Unfortunately the goodness stops there. Heck, even I have Sprint, but I will not be selling my technological soul for 25,000 miles.
Now if they were offering MQMs…well, where do I sign up?!
An Important Note On Earning American AAdvantage Miles With Sprint
You have to pay attention to the details. See below.
Note: This offer is not combinable with the Sprint Discount Program. Existing customers who enroll in this program will not be eligible for an SDP discount and any current discount will no longer apply.Sprint Promotions
That’s kind of a big deal if you have a discount. This is basically what I call a anti-double-dip clause.
- Aren’t most Sprint plans a discounted plan? That’s what they tout, but your mileage may vary so call or better yet, chat with a Sprint rep to see if your plan qualifies.
- Why is this a good deal? If you get a 10% discount on your plan of $100. That’s $120 in savings per year. If you take this plan you are ultimately buying those miles for the discount. That boils down to $120/25,000 = .0048/mile. That’s a pretty good deal!
- Why is this not a good deal? If you are on an old plan that has a considerable discount you could possibly lose both your plan and your discount.
Ready to Dive In?
You can sign up for Sprint service or get miles if an existing customer here.
I should add that unless your dream vacation is within the continental United States, you might need a few more miles.
Miles Offer Overview
- Sprint account holder must register at www.sprint.com/AAdvantage with AAdvantage® number to participate in the Offer.
- Sprint account must remain active and in good standing for 30 days to earn miles.
- AAdvantage® account name and Sprint account name must match to be eligible and account must have at least one phone active on the account.
- Miles are earned per account, not per subscriber.
- The offer is not combinable with the Sprint Discount Program. The SDP discount does not apply.
- Allow 8-10 weeks after registration for miles to be added to your AAdvantage® account.
20,000 New Account Bonus
- New Sprint account must register within 30 days of new line activation.
- Adding or transferring a new line of service to an existing Sprint account does not make the account eligible for 20,000 miles award. Existing Sprint accounts are only eligible for the Sprint Monthly Loyalty niles offer.
- 20,000 miles are deposited in one award.
- Only one 20,000 miles award per AAdvantage® member.
- Only one 20,000 miles award per new Sprint account.
- New Sprint accounts qualifying for 20,000 miles offer can also earn monthly Loyalty miles as long as they participate in the offer and remain active and in good standing.
5,000 Monthly Miles
- If an existing Sprint customer chooses to participate in the offer and they currently participate in the Sprint Discount Program, the SDP discount will be removed.
- Loyalty miles earned are awarded monthly. An award of 417 miles per month can be earned for a total of up to 5,004 miles after 12 months when the account remains active and in good standing.
An Unnecessary Back Story
For full disclosure, I have been with Sprint since high school. No, it’s not that we are class ring-prom inseparable, its just that I have an old plan that meets my needs. I know most will swear off Sprint and trust me, I know why. The Sprint Nextel years where comparable to a teenage goth who wants to hip hop dance to country. In other words, they were trying too hard to be themselves and everyone at the same time. It was a rough patch filled with poor customer service and even worse coverage.
The good news. Sprint has changed. The coverage is not bad, data speeds are decent and they have more a more consistent brand.
Terms and Conditions:
The only thing more complex than tax code during tax season is the fine print on a cable, internet or phone contract.
Activ. Fee: May require up to $36/line. Credit approval req. Sprint Offer for AAdvantage® members: Offer ends 6/9/16. Active AAdvantage® members can earn up to 25,000 AAdvantage® miles. 20,000 New Sprint Customer Offer: Earn one 20,000 miles award for a new Sprint customer account with 1 new-line activation. Line must remain active for 30 days to earn miles award. Up to 5,000 Loyalty Miles: New and existing accounts participating in the AAdvantage® program are eligible to earn monthly AAdvantage® miles up to 5,000 per acct./yr. Account must have 1 active line and remain in good standing to earn miles. Miles Details: All miles are awarded at account level only. Miles cannot be divided between accounts or lines of service. Account holder name and AAdvantage® member number must match to earn miles award. Allow 8-10 weeks for miles to be deposited to your AAdvantage® account. See sprint.com/AAdvantage for details. Exclusions: Offer excludes SDP and CL accounts, activations from other national retailers, upgrades, replacements and new line activations from Sprint entities or providers associated with Sprint (i.e. Virgin Mobile USA, Boost Mobile, Sprint Prepaid and Assurance). May not be combinable with other offers. Offer, terms, restrictions, and options subject to change and may be modified, discontinued, or terminated at any time without notice. AAdvantage® Program: American Airlines reserves the right to change the AAdvantage® program and its terms and conditions at any time without notice, and to end the AAdvantage® program with 6 months’ notice. Any such changes may affect your ability to use the awards or mileage credits that you have accumulated. Unless specified, AAdvantage® miles earned through this promotion/offer do not count toward elite–status qualification or AAdvantage Million Miler? status. American Airlines is not responsible for products or services offered by other participating companies. For complete details about the AAdvantage® program, visit aa.com/aadvantage. Other Terms: Offers and coverage not available everywhere or for all phones/networks. Restrictions apply. See store or sprint.com for details. © 2016 Sprint. All rights reserved. Sprint and the logo are trademarks of Sprint. American Airlines, AAdvantage, the Flight Symbol logo and AAdvantage Million Miler are trademarks of American Airlines, Inc. Other marks are the property of their respective owners.Sprint Promotions
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.