Play The SPG Open More Game, You Could Be A Winner
Almost all of the following copy comes from the SPG Open More game website. It’s not that I’m lazy, they just do a great job of promoting their program. I only learned about the SPG Open More game last year where I did not win anything, but it was too easy to play to not at least try. Speaking of trying, you can go to the contest website here and enter your SPG account number.
Play the SPG Open More game for your chance to instantly win 1,000, 5,000 or 10,000 Starpoints or1 Free Night Award. Plus, you’ll be entered to win the grand prize: 5 Free Night Awards and 50,000 Starpoints. As a bonus, you can learn fun facts about all 11 SPG hotel brands.
If you didn’t win instantly today you will be entered for a chance to win the SPG Open More grand prize: 5 Free Night Awards and 50,000 Starpoints. Try again tomorrow and once daily to get more grand-prize entries until September 12, 2016.
NO PURCHASE REQUIRED TO ENTER OR WIN
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Starwood Preferred Guest® “Open More” Game (the “Game”) is open only to legal residents of the United States (including the District of Columbia), Canada (excluding Quebec), Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, China (excluding Macau and Hong Kong), Czech Republic, Denmark, Egypt, France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Japan, Netherlands, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, the Philippines, Romania, Russia, Spain, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, United Kingdom and Vietnam who are eighteen (18) years of age or older, have reached the age of majority in their respective jurisdictions at the time of entry and are members of the Starwood Preferred Guest program (“SPG®”) and at all subsequent times from August 22, 2016, 11:00 a.m. Eastern Time (ET) through September 12, 2016, 11 a.m. ET (the “Game Period”). Employees of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc., (the “Sponsor”) may participate in the Game based on the limitations and deadlines set herein; they are not eligible to win the Grand Prize. Starwood Hotels and Resorts affiliates, administrator, suppliers, distributors and advertising, promotional and judging agencies and all their immediate family members (spouses, parents, children, and siblings and their spouses) and household members of each (whether related or not) are not eligible to participate or win. Void where prohibited by law. All federal, state, local, provincial and municipal laws and regulations apply.
2. SPONSOR: The Game is sponsored by Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc., One StarPoint, Stamford, CT 06902 (the “Sponsor”). The Game is administered by Interactive Games, 420 Summit Avenue, Saint Paul, MN 55102 (“Administrator”).
3. AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES: Participation in the Game constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding. Winning a Prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. GAME PERIOD: The Game is scheduled for play starting August 22, 2016, 11:00 a.m. ET and ends September 12, 2016, 11:00 a.m. ET. Sponsor is the official timekeeper for this Game. Entries submitted prior to or after the Game Period will not be valid.
5. HOW TO PLAY:
A. To Participate: You must be a member of the Starwood Preferred Guest program at the time of entry and at all subsequent times throughout the Game Period. Membership in the Starwood Preferred Guest program is free. Nonmembers who would like to participate must enroll in the SPG program at spg.com/join and complete the SPG program enrollment form.
B. To Play: visit spg.com/moreforyou-comingsoon. Log in with your SPG number and follow the Game Play instructions:
1) Player will be presented a carousel of eleven (11) Starwood hotel-brand key cards.
2) Player will select one (1) card of his or her choice.
3) Game will indicate if card is an Instant Win.
4) Game play concludes after one (1) play.
5) LIMIT: One (1) play per person, per day, during the Game Period.
C. Grand Prize Entry: Each play automatically earns one (1) entry [limit one (1) entry per day] into the Grand Prize random drawing. Starwood Hotels and Resorts employees are excluded from the Grand Prize entry opportunity.
D. Prizes and Fulfillment: See Section #8, “Prizes,” below.
Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, incomplete or misdirected entries; interrupted or unavailable network servers; connection miscommunications, failed phone or computer or telephone transmissions, or technical failure; jumbled, scrambled or misdirected transmissions; or other error of any kind, whether human, mechanical or electronic that may affect the Game-entry process. All entries become the exclusive property of the Sponsor, and none will be acknowledged or returned. Use of any automated system or agency relationship to submit entries is prohibited and will result in disqualification. The Game will be conducted on Sponsor’s behalf by the Administrator, an independent judging organization, whose decisions regarding the Game and the selection of the potential winners are final.
6. DETERMINATION OF WINNER(S):
A. Instant Win Game: The Game Period is randomly seeded with winning time tags. Each play that occurs throughout the Game Period will be stamped based upon the exact date/time of day the play was completed (“Time Stamped”), and then recorded in Sponsor’s “Game Database.” The Time Stamp of the play will determine the first play recorded after a scheduled winning tag. A registered entry Time Stamped immediately after a scheduled winning tag time will be identified as a potential winner of Instant Win Prize indicated in accordance with these Official Rules. LIMIT: One (1) Instant Win Prize per person during Game Period.
ALL POTENTIAL WINNER(S) ARE, AT SPONSOR’S DISCRETION, SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR’S ADMINISTRATOR, WHOSE DECISIONS, IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE OFFICIAL RULES, ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE GAME. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE, EVEN IF THE GAME DEVICE SHOULD SO INDICATE, UNLESS AND UNTIL AFFIRMED BY SPONSOR’S ADMINISTRATOR. SPONSOR WILL NOT ACCEPT EVIDENCE, INCLUDING SCREEN SHOT, OF WINNING IN LIEU OF ITS VALIDATION PROCESS. ANY PLAY THAT OCCURS AFTER THE SYSTEM HAS FAILED FOR ANY REASON IS DEEMED A DEFECTIVE PLAY, IS VOID AND WILL NOT BE HONORED.
B. Grand Prize Winner Drawing: Potential Grand Prize winner will be selected in a random drawing conducted on or about September 20, 2016, from among all eligible entries received during the Game Period. The drawing will be conducted on Sponsor’s behalf in St. Paul, MN, by Administrator, an independent judging organization, whose decisions regarding the Game and the selection of the potential Grand Prize winner are final. Odds of winning the Grand Prize depend on the number of eligible entries received. Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the Official Rules, the potential Grand Prize winner will be declared the official Grand Prize winner of the Game. The Administrator will attempt to notify the potential Grand Prize winner via email or phone within two (2) days of the drawing. If the potential Grand Prize winner does not respond within twenty-four hours after the first attempt to contact him or her, the Sponsor will select an alternate potential Grand Prize winner in his or her place at random from among all remaining eligible entries received.
7. PRIZE CLAIM AND VERIFICATION: Potential winner may, at Sponsor’s discretion, be required to complete, sign, have notarized, and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, W9 or W8 tax form as applicable, and, where lawful, a Publicity Release within three (3) days of notification. If the documents are not returned in a timely manner, or if potential winner is found not to have complied with these Official Rules, failed to provide accurate entry-submission information, is ineligible for any reason, or declines the Prize for any reason, the Prize may be forfeited. Potential winner may be required to provide proof of identification and submit to a background check, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, in order to receive Prize. If a potential Grand Prize winner is a Canadian resident, potential winner must successfully answer a mathematical skill-testing question. Failure to successfully answer the question as stated will cause the Grand Prize to be forfeited. In the event the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, determines that any entry does not otherwise comply with the Official Rules or any other applicable regulatory guidelines, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify the potential winner responsible for such entry.
8. PRIZES: Instant Win: 1,000, 5,000, 10,000 Starpoints® and 1 Free Night Award for a total of (1470) Instant Win Game Prize(s) (each, an “Instant Win Prize,” and collectively, the “Instant Win Prizes”) will be awarded as set forth below:
Quantity Instant Win Prize ARV* 630 1,000 Starpoints $25.00 420 5,000 Starpoints $125.00 210 10,000 Starpoints $250.00 210 Free Night Awards
Grand Prize: One (1) Grand Prize winner will be awarded 50,000 Starpoints plus five (5) Free Night Awards, Category 1–6, ARV $2,230.00. *Approximate Retail Value
Prize Fulfillment and Conditions: Starpoints and Free Night Award will be available in the SPG member’s account within three weeks from the Game Period end date. Use and expiration of Starpoints are pursuant to the terms and conditions of the SPG program. Free Night Awards must be consumed by December 31, 2016.
Unclaimed Prizes will not be awarded. No exchanges or substitutions will be allowed. The Prizes are not transferable or refundable and must be accepted as awarded. No cash or other substitution may be made, except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute the Prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the Prize (or any portion thereof) is not available for any reason as determined by the Sponsor at their sole discretion. All expenses not specified are the sole responsibility of Prize winner. The winner is responsible for any taxes and fees associated with receipt or use of the Prize.
9. PUBLICITY: Except where prohibited, by participating in the Game and regardless of whether you are a winner, you grant the Sponsor and its subsidiaries, affiliates, and licensees an exclusive, irrevocable license to use, alter, adapt, publish, distribute, copy, exhibit, display, market, promote, advertise, publicize and otherwise exploit your name, signature, likeness, photograph(s), as well as additional photographs, video footage or other images that the Sponsor may take of you or your designated guest, if you are a winner (in their sole discretion), in whole or in part, in any manner and for whatever purpose Sponsor shall elect, in any and all languages, and in any and all media now known or hereinafter developed, including but not limited to, website, television, radio and/or printed materials, worldwide in perpetuity, without further compensation notification or permission. You or your designated guest shall not claim or be entitled to receive any compensation or credit for such use.
10. PRIVACY AND PERSONAL INFORMATION: By participating in this Game and by providing this information, you authorize Starwood to collect, process and use such information for lawful, Starwood business-related purposes; and to store your information at and transmit it to various locations throughout the world, either directly or through third-party vendors, whether within your country of residence, the United States, or elsewhere. To learn more about our data collection and usage practices, please see our Privacy Statement at starwoodhotels.com.
11. GENERAL CONDITIONS: In the event that the operation, security or administration of the Game is impaired in any way for any reason, including but not limited to typographical errors, fraud, virus or other technical problem, or any condition caused by events beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor that may cause the Game to be disrupted or corrupted, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either (a) suspend the Game to address the impairment and then resume the Game in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the Grand Prize at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Game, or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Game may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Released parties (i) make no warranty, guaranty or representation of any kind concerning any Prize (or any portion thereof), and (ii) disclaim any implied warranty. The Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
12. RELEASE AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: By participating in the Game, entrants and their designated guests agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsor, Administrator and each of their respective parents, affiliated companies, subsidiaries, licensees, distributors, dealers, retailers, printers, advertising and promotion agencies, and any and all other companies associated with the Game (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Game, or receipt or use of any Prize including, but not limited to (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Game; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Game or the processing of entries; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property, which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Game or acceptance, receipt, use or misuse of any Prize. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Game, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorneys’ fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including but not limited to punitive, incidental, consequential, direct or indirect damages. Sponsor is not responsible if any Prize cannot be awarded due to travel cancellations, delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather or acts of terrorism.
13. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Game or any Prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the State of New York. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Released Parties in connection with the Game, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York.
14. GAME RESULTS: To find out the name of the Grand Prize winner, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope (U.S. residents only) by September 11, 2016, to: Open More Game Winner, 420 Summit Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55102 USA.
©2016 Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Starpoints, SPG, Preferred Guest, Sheraton, Westin, St. Regis, The Luxury Collection, W, Le Méridien, Tribute Portfolio, Element, Aloft, Four Points and their respective logos are the trademarks of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc., or its affiliates. Design Hotels is a trademark of Design Hotels.Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.